Progress on Improving Calendaring and Communication in the Libraries.
The libraries is moving to Google Calendar and Google Email in order to improve calendaring and communication in the libraries. We are continuing to test and migrate over different types of users in order for us to be prepared to move and verify that all library employees are using one platform for calendaring and email. We have moved a Windows Full Exchange user successfully and have scheduled a MAC Full Exchange user migration. We are test migrating resource accounts (departmental email accounts and calendars for rooms).
We are on schedule to begin slowly migrating users who have Calendar-Only Exchange accounts and are currently using Google Email and Google Calendar or Exchange Calendar. We hope to get a few of these configuration settings verifications done starting May 16. We have begun the search and hiring process for student workers to help with this transition.
We will keep you informed as we learn more how you can make this process a smooth transition. Here are some things that you can do now.
- Complete the ITS Email Help survey, even if you are using Google currently, this will help us group users better and will help us to be thorough in this move. We are nearing 90% of all library employees. Our goal is 100%!
- Clean out (delete) any unwanted emails that you do not want or need to move to Google email.
- Decide what emails you can archive for access using a different email client other than the Google email web client. This could greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to migrate your email.
- Get familiar with Google Calendaring and Email with lynda.com tutorials
- Remember, to sign-up for training seminars and workshops going on starting in MAY. All sessions are available on TEC